Thursday, November 7, 2013

Components of Digital Book Review

Instructions for Digital Book Review:

Digital Book Review

What kind of book should I choose?
You may choose any book to do your review on, including a book you have already read this school year.
How long should my review be?
Your review should be 1-1.5 minutes long, anything less with earn you points off, as well as longer than 2 minutes will also earn you points off. The point is to make a short and engaging book review that will inspire the audience to want to find out more about the book you are reviewing.
What should I include in my review?
Your review should include your name and the name of the book that you are reviewing. It should also include a short summary of the book, without giving “important” details or spoilers away. You should try to create mystery and leave the audience wanting to get the book so they cant find out how the book ends.
What should I use to make my report?
You may use any form of digital recording that will record you and your voice.  Some ideas could be your parents cell phone recorder, iMovie recorder (will need to be exported), or any recorder hooked to your computer, or an actual video recorder, if you have no recording devices you will be allowed to check out a flip recorder.
How long will I have to complete my review project?
You will have three weeks to work on the project. It will be due May 31st.
How will I be graded?
You will be graded as discussed in class on voice consistency (clear so audience can understand), Duration of Presentation (length), Grammar (proper grammar usage – following grammar rules you have learned in class), Voice – Pacing (speaking at a pace where the audience can easily understand you), Voice – Tone/Expression (engaging the audience by using expression when talking). I have attached a rubric that clearly outlines how you will be graded.
What should I do when I am done with my video?
Videos can be uploaded to the class blog with help of your parents at home or can be sent in on a zip file or document by email and we will upload them to the blog in class.
You should work record this at home, but you will be given time in class to write a rough draft of what you would like to say in your Digital Book Review. We will also review samples of projects in class.

This link is an example of what I am looking for: 


Joy - Digital Book Review




Rubric:

No comments:

Post a Comment